30 April 2008

A Time for Healing (Or B-B-B-Benny and the Jetsssssssssssss)

So, I had an idea. I drive by a church near my house every day that is a bit on the charismatic side. In fact, according to a big, blue banner, they hold a healing service every month on the first Sunday of the month. I’ve never driven by on that particular Sunday to see how packed out the house would be, but I imagine someone’s got to show up. I thought I’d show up.

So, continuing on the theme of me putting myself in potentially awkward church situations, I plan on attending the healing service at the church by my house in Shoreline the month of June 2008. I plan on being an observer; I plan on being a skeptic; I plan on having an open mind. If anyone would like to come with me and participate in the observing, the skepticism, the open-mindedness, or even to get some healing, feel free. Just let me know that you are interested and we’ll go.

The service will be June 1st at 6:30p if the big, blue banner is correct. So, mark your calendars!

No comments: